Monday, June 18, 2018

Sunny Street Cafe $12.99-14.99

So... After such a long hiatus from my Benny adventures, I'm back! I absolutely chose the right restaurant this morning to jump back into my passion for eggs benedict.
From the outside, Sunny Street Cafe is pretty passby-able: strip mall storefront, nothing too eye catching or exciting. The inside has a delightful amount of sunshine flooding the front couple of tables at 9am and is very clean. The waitress working today was very personable and efficient. She sat me in a booth near the front and offered coffee, which of course I accepted willingly! I sat with the menu for just a few minutes before choosing one of 4 benedicts from the menu: the BLT Benedict. With spinach, tomato, and crisp bacon bits, I was not disappointed! The lovely presentation brought a slight smile to my face... This was gonna be good!


 Now, I'm not sure if it's because I haven't had eggs Benny in a while or what, but wow, the first bite was amazing! The fat sauce was rich but not too thick, definitely made from scratch (as are their bread and cinnamon buns). The eggs were perfectly cooked, soft and runny as I like them... Left me wishing I had ordered hashbrowns instead of the fruit cup! Sunny Street Cafe sources their farm fresh eggs locally, which shows clearly by the bright orange-yellow yolks that spilled out onto my plate.


I wasted no time demolishing my breakfast. Although I had second thoughts about the fruit cup, the first bite of sweet banana confirmed that I had made the right (and healthier) decision. Throughout my dining experience, my server was very attentive, offering coffee refills and checking that everything was to my satisfaction, which it absolutely was!

Now, being a bit older, wiser, and more health conscious, I noticed as I was at the front counter paying my check that they have a vegan menu as well. So I asked my server about it. She said that they created it at their location (the only one in Canada) as they have lots of vegan requests. Sorry Vegans, I didn't take a closer look to see what the options were. I also took the chance to ask if they had gluten-free options, none really and the kitchen is small so cross-contamination is very likely. 

All in all, Sunny Street Cafe was an excellent choice for my Benny re-beginning. The price was reasonable, the atmosphere breakfast-y, and although I lacked pleasant company the overall experience was enjoyable. Best Benny EVER? I would have to say this one is right up there with Mill Creek Cafe... Top 5 for sure.

$13.49 BLT Benedict
$2.79 Coffee

http://www.sunnystreetcafe.com/locations/canadian-restaurants/st-albert-restaurant/

No comments:

Post a Comment