Thursday, March 14, 2013

ABC Country Restaurant - $11

This week, A and I went to the ABC Country Restaurant on Gateway (4485 Gateway Blvd) which is in the Holiday Inn. I would have to say that this restaurant had the best customer service so far out of the places we've tried. That was the best thing about our experience this week, and the reason why it has taken me so long to write this entry. The food was not near as good as the service. Within the first 15 minutes of sitting down, we had been attended to by at least 3 different staff members. To some people I suppose this could be annoying, but we found it refreshing that the people serving us were happy to be there and took pride in providing us with the best experience. I'm really sad that the food didn't enhance our experience. I ordered the Farmer Benny and A ordered the Cheddar Bacon Benny. I wish I had taken pictures of both of the bennys...

I found it kinda difficult to take a good picture of this one. The table we were sitting at was away from the windows so I had to use the flash, which lit up the blue underneath. Without the flash it was all orange and weird, lol.

So, as you can see, my benny had farmer sausage which was butterflied and placed on the muffin under the eggs and hollandaise. The hollandaise was kinda bland, nothing special, and pretty much what I am starting to expect at chain family restaurants. It wasn't tangy, or buttery, but it was creamy and yellow... I enjoyed the break from the norm by having the sausage vs. some sort of ham, but I had sausage burps well into the late afternoon. This would have been great had it been the best meal I have had.

I think A's eggs benny was much more interesting.. but only because of how they made it. So hers had slices of cheddar melted on it, I believe on top of the bacon and under the eggs. It looked really good, but as she tried to cut it, her face changed and she couldn't figure out why it was so tough. She lifted the whole thing up and we tried to figure out what they had done. At first it looked like they had served it on some sort of flat bread. We then discovered that the slices of cheddar had melted and cooked onto the griddle and created crispy cheese "wings" for her benny. The cook had then folded these "wings" under the muffins! Had I been the cook and this had happened, I would have cut that cheese off... as it was obviously inedible. This lack of care for presentation and pride in the food tainted my whole ABC Country experience. Luckily, the excellent customer service made up for it.

Conclusion: If the food was as good as the service at this ABC Country, I think I would continue to return there for future meals. For the price of this benny, I would definitely pass on it if I returned to this restaurant. Unless they obtain kitchen staff who care as much as the waitstaff about the customers, I highly doubt ABC Country will ever have the BEST eggs benedict EVER.


ABC Country Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment